Expected learning outcomes
The student will have knowledge of how system modelling and whole system thinking can contribute to generating sustainable technological development, with respect to different products' life cycles and with an environmental perspective.
Students will learn to analyse engineering systems, concepts, processes and products by means of key quality systems methods, scientific methods and risk analysis techniques.
• Methods and techniques used in international quality systems;
• The meaning of reliability and validity in research and development;
• Process Modelling;
• Fault Tree Analysis (FTA);
• Data and Uncertainty Analysis.
Net Support Learning
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Two internal examiners
Re-sit August 2016
B: All printed and hand-written support material is allowed. A specific basic calculator is allowed.
All three of three exercises/deliverables must be approved.
• Marvin Rausand og Ingrid Utne, Risikoanalyse-teori og metoder. ISBN 978-82-519-2446-7
• Knut Halvorsen, Å forske på samfunnet, en innføring i vitenskapelig metode,
• Asbjørn Aune, kvalitetsdrevet ledelse, ISBN 82-417-1123-9