On the basis of
REA1141 Matematikk 1
TØL1001 Ingeniørfaglig innføringsemne
Expected learning outcomes
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge and skills in the economic activity of a company.
- Be able to carry out costs- and income calculations.
- Make product- and investment calculations, planning and budgeting.
- Find profitable solutions to economic problems within a company.
- Understand the relevance of probability and statistics in economy and engineering problem solving.
- Maintain a basic toolbox in statistics for use in further courses and work.
- Descriptive statistics
- Probability: Stochastic models,conditonal probability and independence, combinatorics.
Distributions: Expected values, variance and standard deviation. Correlation.
Normal. Binomial, Poisson and Exponential distribution.
- Statistical methods: Interval estimation and Testing of hypothesis in Normal. Binomial, Poisson and Exponential distribution in 1 and 2 variables and linear regression.
Economics (50%) :
- Company costs and income
- Profit analysis
- Product selection
- Investment analysis
- Planning and budgeting
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
- External examiner spring 2018.
- External examiner is used periodically to evaluate contents, arrangements and the examination system.
- Re-sit August 2016
- Approved exercises are valid for the resit
C: Specified printed and hand-written support material is allowed. A specific basic calculator is allowed.
- Formelsamling som på norsk
- Table of interest
- Exercises in Statistics (70 % must be approved).
- Exercises in Economics (3 out of 4 must be approved).
- Løvås, Gunnar G.: Statistikk for universiteter og høgskoler, ISBN 82-15-00224-2
- Hoff, Kjell Gunnar, Bedriftens økonomi, Universitetsforlaget, 7. utgave, ISBN 978-82-15-01320-6
- Hoff, Kjell Gunnar og Hoff, Jan Erik, Arbeidsbok til Bedriftens økonomi, Universitetsforlaget, 7. utgave, ISBN 978-82-15-01319-0
- Hornæs, Hans Petter: Formelsamling i Statistikk, HiG
- Credit reduction due to overlapping course SMF1042: 50%
- Credit reduction due to overlapping course REA1081: 50%