Expected learning outcomes
* Know of brand management in a historical perspective
* Good knowledge about main theories for strategic brand development and management
* Good knowledge of the function of brand management for companies and consumers
* Know of the relation between brand management and a sustainable business development
* Know of recent scientific results in brand management
* Ability to use main theories from strategic brand management in companies
* Ability to evaluate perspectives and make decisions according to a sustainable business development
* Ability to find sources for expanding own knowledge in brand management
* Understand, communicate and discuss main theories on the subject.
* Discuss and consider dilemmas related to brand management and sustainability
* Know of basic methods within creativity and innovation (only for students in Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration)
Introduction to brand management
Effects of brand management for companies and consumers
The brands position for customers and the market
The brand relation aspect
Brand development strategies and cooperation
Brand management and sustainability
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External examiner is used every 5. Year, next time spring 2017.
Re-sit August 2016
Approved exercises are valid for re-sit examination
Two compulsory group exercises.
Both compulsory exercises have to be approved before the student can meet
In addition students in Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration have to participate in a 3 hour course in innovation and creativity.
This encloses a workshop at campus which is compulsory for the students, and results of the compulsory work has to be approved before the student can meet for examination.
The student must attend a 3 hours creative course (3KK), lectures and group exercises (applys only for campus students in Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration).
Samuelsen, Bendik M, Adrian Peretz og Lars E. Olsen, (2010). Merkevareledelse på norsk 2.0. (2. utgave). Oslo: Cappelen Akademiske Forlag.
Scientific articles and/or compendium will be announced later.
Lindstrom, Martin ( 2005). BrandSense: Bygg sterkere merker ved hjelp av våre fem sanser: berøring, lukt, smak, hørsel og syn. Oslo: N.W.Damm & Søn
Bjerke, Rune og Nicholas Ind (2007). Organisasjonsdrevet merkevarebygging.Oslo: J.W.Cappelens Forlag