On the basis of
- REA1131 Basic Mathematics and Statistics or Mathematics 1 or
- REA1141 Mathematics 1
Expected learning outcomes
Students will be able to explain:
- Thermodynamics 1 and 2 law and how they affect us
- How gas laws work
- How humid air diagram may be used.
- How the heat transfer between the gas, liquid and solids takes place and means
Students will gain the skills to:
- Calculate mixtures of airflows of different amount and quality
- Calculate a steam turbine process in a step
- Compute such required chimney height provided a combustion volume
- Calculate circuit processes for piston machines
- Calculate the heat transfer in various substances
- Calculate the temperatures and flow rates at different air mixtures
- Have an opinion about what efficiency is and can relate to them.
- Know the difference between energy and power,
- May participate in discussions on an elementary level regarding energy and heat in the process and comfort heating
- Basic thermodynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Moist air
- Water vapor thermodynamics
- Vapour Processes
- Combustion and purification
- Refrigeration and Heat Pump Processes
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
One internal sensor.
Re-sit August 2016
To be announced.