On the basis of
- REA2081 Mathematics 2 for electrical engineering
- ELE1051 Elektronics
Expected learning outcomes
- Be able to apply the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) and z-transform.
- Knowledge on the construction of a general DSP system.
- Be able to account for FIR and IIR filters.
- Be able to account for baseband signal transmission.
- Be able to account for the construction of modulated signals.
- Know basic methods for signal coding.
- Be able to do calculations with signal processing algorithmes.
- Be able to use computer programs e.g., Matlab for constructing and simulating signal processing algorithms.
- Be able to do calculations with modulated signals.
- Be able to simulate modulated signals using computer simulation tools.
- Use of computer tools.
Use of Matlab
Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT)
FIR and IIR filters
Baseband signal transmission
Analog and digital modulation
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Graded by one internal examiner. External examiner is used periodically, next time spring 2016.
Re-sit August 2016
C: Specified printed and hand-written support material is allowed. A specific basic calculator is allowed.
Approved collection of formulae: John Haugan: Formler og tabeller.
12 exercises are given in which at least 8 (4 from the first part and 4 from the second part of the course) must be approved in order to take the exam.
- E. C. Ifeachor and B. W. Jervis: Digital Signal Processing
- B. Skalar: Digital Communications - Fundamentals and Applications
Replacement course for
Replaces parts of ELE3021 and parts of ELE3401