- Fundamental programming and algorithms
- Fundamental image processing
Expected learning outcomes
- The candidate is in the forefront of knowledge within the fields of selected topics in image processing
- The candidate can evaluate the approprietness and applicability of advanced image processing methods in different application domains
- The candidate has the ability to discuss and explain advanced image processing methods
- The candidate can formulate possible advanced image processing solutions to different applications
- The candidate can implement advanced image processing algorithms
- The candidate has the ability to communicate and discuss recent research in advanced topics on image processing
- The candidate has the ability to evaluate other people work on advanced image processing techniques
Recent advances in image processing including adaptive and real-time algorithms, multi-scale techniques, HVS inspired approaches, multi-view image processing, lightfield imaging, etc.
Net Support Learning
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- The candidate must provide one term paper and a final paper.
- The term paper he/she proposes novel ideas or applies one or more of the studied techniques to address a problem related to the candidates own thesis work.
- The final paper should be in the form of a scientific paper, including proposed novel idea(s) supported by thorough discussion, experimental results and analysis, in a close to publishable scientific form.
- Both papers must be accepted to pass the course.
External examiner (or external and internal) within 5 years period, next time at latest 2018.
Both papers must be resubmitted and evaluated.
- Give 2 presentations consisting of an introductory lecture (20 min) and a full lecture (45 min). The first on the bases of the term paper and the second based on the final paper.
- Attend at least 80% of the lectures and seminars.
A selection of recently published journal and conference papers, will be provided before the course starting date to accommodate the needs and background of the participants.
In case there will be less than 5 candidates that apply for the course, it will be at the discretion of the course responsible whether the course will be offered or not and, if yes, in which form.