Global Software Development
- 10 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
After successful completion, the students will be capable of:
- Explaining, assessing, and discussing the challenges and issues faced when managing or working in global software development projects
- Explaining, assessing, and discussing the challenges and issues faced when managing or working in open software development projects
- Working in a global software development team
- Working in a open software development team
- Introduction to distributed and global software development
- Global teamwork, communication, and project management
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Open software development
- Tools and methodologies for global software development
- Software development work estimation
- Quality aspects in global software development
- Global software measurements and metrics
Net Support Learning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course is offered jointly with the Technical University of Tampere. Professors from all the two universities will be involved in the teaching and supervision. Project teams will consist of students from both universities.
Form(s) of Assessment
Oral exam, group
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The three parts that will be assessed are:
- Group project report
- Individual student report
- Oral presentation
All parts must be passed individually
Reports and oral presentations will be assessed by examiners from the involved universities.
There is no re-sit examination.
Each project group is required to present status of and reflections on the project work at each seminar. Each group members is required to participate in the group presentations.
Web resources: Will be announced at the start of the course
The is offered in collaboration with Tampere University of Technology. Teams will be distributed depending on the number of Tampere students signed up for the course.