Applied Computer Science Project
- 10 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
- The students have gained knowledge in tools and methodologies used to develop “state-of-the-art” computer applications
- The students are capable of using “state-of-the-art” tools and methodologies in development work.
- The students are capable of planning and conducting systematic testing of software and systems.
- The students can write technical reports documenting the process and the product.
- The students have gained experience in technical writing.
- The students have gained experience working in groups
- The students have increased their understanding of professional practice in the field of applied computer science.
- Tools and methodologies for developing "state-of-the-art" computer applications
- Tools and methodologies for managing development work
- Tools and strategies for software and system testing
- Writing technical reports
Net Support Learning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The projects will be organised in groups of two to three students. Project groups may be distributed to allow distant students to participate in the group work.
Recordings from the seminars will be made available on the Internet.
Form(s) of Assessment
Oral exam, individually
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The assessment will be based on:
- A group report shared by all group members documenting the results of the work and reflecting on the group's work and contributions
- An individual report written by each student documenting the student's own experiences and reflections
- An individual, oral exam
All parts must be past indvidually.
At least two internal examiners.
Students should participate in the seminars by presenting project status and sharing their experiences/reflections on the project work. Students who cannot participate physically, need to submit written or recorded contributions in advance.
Internet resources will be presented at the beginning of the course.