IMT1031 or IMT1241
On the basis of
IMT1082 or IMT1241
Expected learning outcomes
- The candidate should be able to evaluate different solutions and make reasoned choices for the development of advanced web based applications.
- The candidate should be able to plan and organize the development of web-based applications.
- The candidate should be able to divide a web application in different layers.
- The candidate should be able to run a web development project and implement a final solution based on a customer's needs.
- The candidate should be able to combine different technologies and principles to create new solutions.
- The candidate should be able to further develop existing products to meet new demands
- The candidate has knowlegde about central interaction systems that allow work in groups both locally and at distance.
- The HTTP-protocol
- Serverside programming i PHP
- Variables through HTTP, cookies and session management
- Database usage (MySQL)
- Dynamic web interfaces
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Written Exam, 3 hours (counts 60%, evaluated by lecturer)
Evaluation of Project(s) (counts 40%, evaluated by lecturer)
Each part must be individually approved of.
There will be 2 projects in the course, each accounts for 20% of the final grade.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
The person responsible for the course will grade both projects and the written exams
An external examiner will be used in addition for the written exams every fourth year, next will be in 2014
Re-sit August 2016 for the Written exam.
B: All printed and hand-written support material is allowed. A specific basic calculator is allowed
Ajax in action, Dave Crane/Eric Pascarello, Manning, 2006
PHP5 and MySQL Bible, Tim Converse/Joyce Park, Wiley Publishing, Inc., 2004