Expected learning outcomes
- On human factors and user-needs.
- Of methods and techniques for user centered design of interactive systems.
- Of methods for evaluations of usability of interactive systems.
- Can plan and contribute in projects where user-centred methods are applied.
- Can initiate and perform evaluations of usability
- Knows the arguments and methods to increase accessibility of systems and services.
- Have general competence on the life cycle of system-development, and the need for user-centered approaches.
- Human-centered technology
- Usability principles
- Human memory and information processing
- Metaphors and idioms
- Information structure and navigation
- Standards and guidelines in usability engineering
- The life cycle of usability engineering
- Scenario techniques
- Formative-iterative usability testing
- Heuristic evaluation and expert evaluation
- Universal design
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written Exam, 4 hours (counts 60%)
- Essay or Project Report (counts 40%).
- Each part must be individually approved of.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Re-sit August 2016 for the Written examination.
- Cooper, Alan (2014). About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design (4'th edition). Indianapolis: Wiley
- Norman, Donald A. ( 2013). The design of everyday things. Revised and expanded edition. New York: Basic Book
Aktuelle tidsskrift i HiGs bibliotek:
- ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, Behaviour & Information Technology, IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, Information Design Journal, Interacting with Computers, Interactions, International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia, Technical Communication, Visible Language, Wired
Aktuelle klassenummer i HiGs bibliotek:
- 004.019, 006.7, 006.7019, 620.8, 745.–
- Benyon, David (2010): Designing interactive systems: A comprehensive guide to HCI and interaction design. Second edition. Harlow: Addison-Wesley
- Cooper, Alan m.fl. (2007). About face 3: The essentials of interaction design. Indianapolis: Wiley
- Krug, Steve (2006). Don’t make me think. Berkeley: New Riders
- Lidwell, William, et al. (2010). Universal principles of design. Beverly: Rockport
- Moggridge, Bill (2007). Designing interactions. Cambridge, Mass. og London: MIT Press
- Saffer, Dan (2010). Designing for interaction: Creating innovative applications and devices. Second edition. Berkeley: New Riders
- Sundström, Tommy (2005). Användbarhetsboken. Lund: Studentlitteratur
- Hartson, Rex og Pardha Pyla (2012). The UX Book: Process and guidelines for ensuring a quality user experience. Morgan Kaufmann