Expected learning outcomes
The course aims to provide knowledge in the field of colour and digital imaging technology. Moreover, the field of colorimetry and the principles of colour measurement will be covered. The students will get an understanding of the principles in terms of consistent and accurate colour reproduction for a variety of media substrates. Furthermore, they shall be able to proficiently apply colour management techniques in the context of graphic design and media production.
· Digital image reproduction technology
· Colour and colour Vision
· Colorimetry and colour measurement
· Colour management components
· Image quality Assessment
· Workflow and process control
· Colour management on application level
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written Exam, 5 hours (count 70%)
- 3 Assignments, 2 in groups and 1 individual (counts 10% each)
- All parts must be passed
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Re-sit August 2016 for the written exam.
D: No printed or hand-written support material is allowed. A specific basic calculator is allowed.
• Sharma, Abhay (2004) Understanding color management, New York: Thompson
Replacement course for