Expected learning outcomes
- Good knowledge about main theories for brand development and management
- Good knowledge of the function of brand management for companies and consumers
- Know of recent sientific results in brand management
- Ability to use basic knowledge from brand management in worklife settings in a good way
- Ability to find sources for expanding own knowledge in brand management
- Understand, communicate and discuss main theories on the subject.
- Dicuss and consider ethical dilemmas in brand management
- Know of basic methods in creativity and innovation
- Introduction to brand management
- Effects of brand management for companies and consumers
- The brands position for customers and the market
- Brand associations
- Brand evaluation
- The brand relation aspect
- Brand positioning
- Brand development strategies and cooperation
- Brand communication
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Different learning facilities will be available on Fronter, in addition to supervision, small cases and compulsory works.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Exams can be taken at GUC's campus or at other locations closer to the student's homeplace.
For exams to be taken outside campus, please contact our Student Information Desk as soon as possible for further information about application forms and costs.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External examiner is used every 5. Year, next time spring 2017.
Otherwise internal examiner.
Approved exercises are valid for re-sit examination
Two compulsory exercises.
Both compulsory exercises have to be approved before the student can meet for examination.
In addition the students on Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration have to participate in the digital course 3IKK (3 hours course in creativity) and following workshop. The workshop takes place at HIG and participating is compulsory to meet for examination. The date for the workshop will be announced at the start of the semester.
Samuelsen, Bendik M, Adrian Peretz og Lars E. Olsen, (2010). Merkevareledelse på norsk 2.0. (2. utgave). Oslo: Cappelen Akademiske Forlag.
Lindstrom, Martin ( 2005). BrandSense: Bygg sterkere merker ved hjelp av våre fem sanser: berøring, lukt, smak, hørsel og syn. Oslo: N.W.Damm & Søn
Bjerke, Rune og Nicholas Ind (2007). Organisasjonsdrevet merkevarebygging.Oslo: J.W.Cappelens Forlag