On the basis of
• GEO1271 – Geographic Data Capture
• GEO2311 - Geographical Information Technology
• IMT2261 - Information Structures and Database Systems
Expected learning outcomes
After completing this course, students will understand the meaning of the term Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI), know how SDI is organised in Norway and internationally, and also know what a "Geodata Policy and Plan" for an organisation should contain.
The students also will learn about and gain experience in the technology for distributing geographical information using the Internet.
- Spatial Data Infrastructures in Norway (Norge digitalt, geonorge.no) and in the world (INSPIRE, GSDI...)
- Geodata Policy and Plan (for a single organsation)
- Basics of geomatic economics
- The Law of Geodata
- Technology for geodata publishing using the Internet, incl Geography Markup Language (GML), Web Map Server (WMS), Web Feature Server (WFS)
- Geospatial Clearinghouses and Metadata
Net Support Learning
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Portifolio Assessment is based on a portifolio consisting of 4 group based submissions and an individual oral examination. Grading is a total evaluation of portfolie and the oral examination.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)