On the basis of
REA2081 Matematikk 2 for elektro
ELE2131 Digitalteknikk og mikrokontrollere eller ELE2141 Mikrokontrollere
Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, students should have knowledge of modeling of physical systems and calculation of the control parameters, and they should be able to program both a PLC and an industrial robot.
• Know the theory of mathematical modeling of physical systems.
• Understand the principle of series compensation and stability.
• Understand the use of PLCs , automation cells and industrial robots.
• Know the basic instrumentation technique.
• Be able to model a physical system using differential equations and solve these equations.
• Be able to calculate the control loops back and forward link.
• Be able to perform simulations in MatLab and programming in LabView.
• Be able to program the PLC and industrial robots.
• Be able to use sensors in automated systems.
• Working with other students in groups.
• Be able to use computer tools.
• Mathematical modeling of physical systems
• Transfer Function and Laplace
• Frequency Responses
• Series Compensation
• Methods for estimating controller parameters
• MatLab and LabView
• Industrial Robot
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
• Written exam, 5 hours (counts 100%)
• Compulsory exercises / laboratory work must be passed before the written exam.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Graded by an internal examiner. External examiner used periodically, next time spring 2017.
Ordinary re-sit examination
It is given seven exercises related to the topic of Control Systems which at least five must be approved.
It is given seven exercises / lab related to the PLC and industrial robot part which at least five must be approved.
Compendium and additional literature are given at the beginning of the semester.
Replacement course for
ELE3331, ELE3241 and parts of ELE3321