- BYG1063 Mekanikk
- BYG1261 Byggteknikk
- REA1141 Matematikk 1
- TØL1001 Ingeniørrollen
On the basis of
- BYG2201 Materialer og konstruksjoner
- BYG3281 Stål- og trekonstruksjoner
- BYG2221 Byggstatikk
Expected learning outcomes
Knowledge: After having completed the subject the student will
- have knowledge of the empirical and theoretical background for the relevant European structural building code, the so-called Eurocode 2.
Skills: After having completed the subject the student will
- be able to design concrete slabs and beams (though not prestressed), according to Eurocode 2.
General competence: After having completed the subject the student will
- know the principles governing the carrying capacity of concrete structures
- have acquired the necessary technical language of the subject
Concrete design according to NS-EN 1992-1-1.
- Design of beams and slabs (not prestressed) for moment, shear, cracks and deflection. The design includes anchorage of reinforcement.
- Design of columns.
- Design of foundations for moment, shear and cracks
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The final exam counts 100 %.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
All written and printed material. Non-communicating calculator.
5-7 works of which all except one must be accepted.
Announced at the start of the subject.
Replacement course for
BYG3061 Structural design 2 and BYG3201 Structural design 3.