Quality and Risk Management
- 10 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student is supposed to
- be abel to apply thorough knowledge of uncertainty analysis, FMEA, random sampling, and modeling of statistical process control by writing scientific paper in a team
- be able to define and analyze the efficiency and the companies value chain and develop sustainable processes.
- be able to apply various statistical distributions
- scientific and technical writing
- be able to define and execute Quality and Risk Management analysis in companies
- scientific writing skills
- Uncertainty analysis and measurement techniques
- Quality in Small-to-Medium Enterprises
- FMEA, failure mode and effect analysis
- Random sampling
- Fault tree analysis
- Modeling of statistical process control
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be made accessible for both campus- and remote students. Every student is free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that is best fitted for her/his own requirement.
The lectures in the course will be given on campus and are open for both categories of students. Lectures that sum up the main issues in the lecture will also be available on internet through GUC’s learning management system (Fronter).
Tutoring are given at campus in accordance to announced times. In addition there will be at least on gathering at campus for remote students with mandatory scientific writing exercises.
Tutoring is also available through internet.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written scientific paper
- Group scientific presentation
For off campus students the presentation will be arranged through web conference.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Next ordinary exam
All printed and written