Expected learning outcomes
* Good knowledge about main theories for brand development and management
* Good knowledge of the function of brand management for companies and consumers
* Know of recent sientific results in brand management
* Ability to use basic knowledge from brand management in worklife settings in a good way
* Ability to find sources for expanding own knowledge in brand management
* Understand, communicate and discuss main theories on the subject.
* Dicuss and consider ethical dilemmas in brand management
* Know of fundamental methods within innovation and innovative thinking (applys only for campus students in Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration)
Introduction to brand management
Effects of brand management for companies and consumers
The brands position for customers and the market
The brand relation aspect
Brand development strategies and cooperation
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Exams can be taken at GUC's campus or at other locations closer to the student's home place.
For exams to be taken outside campus, please contact our Student Information Desk as soon as possible for further information about application forms and costs.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External examiner is used every 5. Year, next time spring 2017.
Approved exercises are valid for re-sit examination
Two compulsory group exercises.
Both compulsory exercises have to be approved before the student can meet
In addition students in business and administration classes have to participate in a 3 hour course in innovation and creativity
The student must attend a 3 hours creative course (3KK), lectures and group exercises (applys only for campus students in Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration).
Samuelsen, Bendik M, Adrian Peretz og Lars E. Olsen, (2010). Merkevareledelse på norsk 2.0. (2. utgave). Oslo: Cappelen Akademiske Forlag.
Lindstrom, Martin ( 2005). BrandSense: Bygg sterkere merker ved hjelp av våre fem sanser: berøring, lukt, smak, hørsel og syn. Oslo: N.W.Damm & Søn
Bjerke, Rune og Nicholas Ind (2007). Organisasjonsdrevet merkevarebygging.Oslo: J.W.Cappelens Forlag