Main Project in Radiography
- 15 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
The student will develope an in dept understanding of radiography throw a larger independelt task within the students region of interest:
- Show insight in a limitid area of radiography.
- further development of capability as to independence, systematical thinking and appraisal founded on facts.
- Further development of understanding methods used in reseach studies.
· Considering radiation protection from a social perspective
· Planning radiation protection measures for patients and staff at trauma situations
· skills in ethical theory and identifies ethical issues related to the diagnosis of patients using the proper image modalities.
· Show a holistic view and respect of people regardin integrity and rights regardless of ethnic, religious and cultural background
·knowledge of ethical considerations related to the technological development, resource allocation and priorities in professional radiography modalities
· Show knowledge of ethical dilemmas related to radiation dose and patient
· develop their professional role fit society's needs and comply with applicable ethical guidelines
· Acquire and reflect on how scientific paradigms affect our view of health and the priorities that are made in the community
¸ describes the welfare state development and the relationship between social development, living conditions and individual health and social problems
· Have an overview of health and social services and decision making at local, regional and state level
· Relates to health and social policy priorities and the relationship between public and private responsibility and care
Are familiar with important legislation
· Works in a team, lead others and work with other professions
· Show knowledge and skills in communication and cooperation between different professions and users of health services
·Shows respect for patients regardless of their cultural background and values the cultural differences
· Shows knowledge of teamwork and communication skills in relation to management, conflict management and negotiation strategies
· Recognizes and actively working on conflict resolution in their own profession and interdisciplinary
Develop skills in guidance, counseling and teaching
· Shows ability to provide care for both patient and family in a satisfactory manner with regard to communication, compassion and respect during the investigation or treatment
· Shows knowledge of documentation that meets the patient's legal rights
· show professional practice
· Have a realistic view of their own and others' expertise, and comply obligations and requirements in relation to professional conduct
· Plans, organizes and manages own work in collaboration with colleagues.
· Shows a reflective attitude to the technology's capabilities and limitations, and the relationship between technology and human
· 'Knowledge about patient's condition in order to be able to observe, identify and beware changes in patients of all ages, with different health, illness and disability
· Have skills in emergency situations
· Have knowledge of the monitor structure, functioning and quality
· Reflects on the future of Radiography
· Explains how to fascilitate quality assurance and quality control monitors
· Explains the choice of complementary modalities and when the different modalities are best
· Discuss the radiographers roles and future development in light of the new labor distribution / workflow in health care
· Focuses on the improvement / development of new procedures
Familiar to the eye's physiology and its importance for perception
·Initiate quality controls and contribute actively in quality improvement and helps to define the standard for quality within their own subject
· Have knowledge of the external and internal reporting procedures at a radiology department, as well as systems for handling deviations
Knowledge based on theory and practical radiographic skills from radiography, medical and natural sciense, and social sciense
PBL (Problem Based Learning)
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The student will allowed up to 6 hours of tutoring.
Form(s) of Assessment
Home exam, see textarea
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Home exam in groups+individual oral exam. Students may aplay for individual main project. Students must obtain a passing grade on the written exam before they can take the oral exam.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External and internal examiner
By not passing a written or oral part of the task, the student is given the opportunity to deliver improved task by the end of the subsequent semester. This can be done individually. It is given up to 3 hours of tutoring for continuation. There will be a new oral hearing on improved task.
Oral Proposal (must have been approved by lecturer)
Project Plan (must have been approved by lecturer)
sketch of project and projectplan will be required.