Expected learning outcomes
Students who have passed this course should know by heart the concepts scalability, redundancy, security and policy-based system administration, and be able to
- administrate users, computers, networks and software
- plan and implement a simple, stable and scalable infrastructure and in such an infrastructure be able to
- detect and solve errors
- automate standard sysadm tasks
- manage basic security requirements
- document properly
- provide support to users and the organization
- Perl programming
- Planning an infrastructure
- Installation and configuration of operating systems
- Installation and configuration of standard services (dns, mail, www)
- User administration
- Automating sysadm tasks
- Tuning and problem solving
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
An overall evaluation based on a 100 point scale, where mid-term exam counts 33 points, project work counts 34 points and final exam counts 33 points. Conversion from 100 point scale to A-F scale according to recommended conversion table. In specific circumstances, emneansvarlig can slightly adjust the limits in the conversion table to enforce compatibility with the qualitative descriptions on the A-F scale.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiner. External examiner every 4. year, next time autumn 2015.
To be announced.