Expected learning outcomes
After successfully completing this course, the student will have basic knowledge of video post-production utilizing Adobe After Effects. The student will learn how to create basic nature-like special effects, apply and utilize green-screen footage, develop and animate text effects, animate transitions and conduct color correction. The student will also be introduced to relevant tools and plug-ins needed to complete projects.
- Applicable Theory
- Composing motion graphics
- Text effects
- Transitions (3D text and shapes)
- Color correction and green-screen keying
- Software work routines
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course comprises of lectures, lab exercises and advising sessions. Applied lab exercises create the foundation needed to successfully complete the student work portfolio by end of semester.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written exam, 3hours (40%)
- Evaluation of portfolio/class assignments (60%)
- Both written exam and portfolio must have a passing grade to successfully complete the course.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
The course will have internal and external examiners both on projects and written exam.