Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student is supposed to
- apply relevant tools and be able to find data to estimate parameters.
- carry out an independent limited research and development projects.
- analyze the estimated parameters and assess the validity of the results.
- communicate about technical issues, analysis and conclusions in the field, both with the company / organization and the public.
- contribute to innovation or improvements in the process.
Students will carry out a project in corporation with a business or organization.
As part of the internship, students must write a report which must meet the academic requirements at the master level.
The report shall be an academic work that must be related to current theory and practice, including the stay.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be made accessible for both campus- and remote students. Every student are free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that are best fitted for her/his own requirement.
The lectures in the course will be given on campus and are open for both categories of students. Lectures that sums up the main issues in the lecture will also be available on internet through GUC’s learning management system (ClassFronter).
Tutoring are given at campus in accordance to announced times. In addition there will be at least on gathering at campus for remote students with mandatory laboratory exercises.
Tutoring is also available on internet.
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
2 internal examiners
New improved rapport within 3 month
Approved project plan and an oral presentation of the project report.