On the basis of
TØL4021 Management and Leadership for Sustainability
Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student is supposed to
- Have advanced knowledge about the fundamentals and key aspects of strategic information management
- Understand the effects of Information systems strategy planning, development, implementation and validation
- Have advanced knowledge about Knowledge Management and Information Technology Management
- Communicate results and conclusions both oral and written with the discussion of knowledge and arguments which these are based on
- Manage, organize and structure development and maintenance of Information Systems
- Evaluate and suggest Information Systems regarding to organizational strategic goal and business benefits
- Identify and analyze key components in an organizations IT platform and Information Systems
- Describe the role of Information Systems and IT Management have
- Understand how decisions about IT and management affects individuals, groups and organization
- Conceptual developments in Information Systems Strategy
- Information systems management , stages of growth
- Strategic Informations systems planning (SISP)
- Information strategy model
- Information technology strategy
- knowledge management strategy
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be made accessible for both campus- and remote students. Every student are free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that are best fitted for her/his own requirement.
The lectures in the course will be given on campus and are open for both categories of students. Lectures that sums up the main issues in the lecture will also be available on internet through GUC’s learning management system (ClassFronter).
Tutoring are given at campus in accordance to announced times. In addition there will be at least on gathering at campus for remote students with mandatory laboratory exercises.
Tutoring is also available on internet.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Essay, value quality on final paper
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
2 internal examiners
New deadline for improved paper
All available material
- At least 60% of assignments done
- Participate in at least 50% of the tutorials
Galliers, B. and Leidner, D.E. Eds. “Strategic Information Management – Challenges and Strategies in Managing Information Systems” 4th ed. 2009. Routledge.