On the basis of
- SMF1042 Basic Economics
- SMF1301 Industry and Business Systems
Expected learning outcomes
- Show knowledge of organizational theory to administrative and managerial problems.
- Acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes as a leader, and also be able to recognize all employees participation in the management of an organization.
- Part 1: Aims and efficiency - organization structure - human, social and cultural relations - power and conflicts - surroundings - motivation and rewards - communication - decision-making processes - learning and organizational development- management - how to study organizations
- Part 2: The myths and reality of the service society - profitability - the service management system - personnel development - the customer as market and co-producer - physical environment and technical remedies - the companys image - the creation, reproduction and further development of business ideas - price policy - internationalisation - quality, productivity and strategy - diagnosis - culture and philosophy as instruments in management - changing and leadership.
- Part 3: Working Environment and Labour Dispute.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
- External examiner spring 2012.
- External examiner is used periodically to evaluate contents, arrangements and the examination system.
- Ordinary resit.
- Approved exercises are valid for resit examination.
- Details concerning course requirements will be presented at the beginning of the semester.
- Compulsory participation, minimum 80 %.
- Storeng, Beck og Due Lund: Arbeidsrett, Cappelen, 8. utgave, 2012, ISBN 978-82-02-37415-0.
- Lovverk (enkeltlover og/eller lovsamling).