- BYG1063 Mekanikk
- BYG1261 Byggteknikk
- REA1141 Matematikk 1
- TØL1001 Ingeniørrollen
On the basis of
BYG2201 Properties of materials and structural design
Expected learning outcomes
- After having completed the subject should the student know how the bearing structures of a building is being designed, and understand how a slab made up of prefabricated concrete part absorb forced in its own plane.
- After having completed the subject should the student know how to structurally design columns, foundations, corbels, sustaining walls, two way slabs and flat plates in cast in situ concrete according to Euro codes.
- After having completed the subject should the student be able to present a complete bearing structure for a building.
Concrete design according to NS-EN 1992-1-1. Cast-in-site: foundations, columns, sustaining walls, corbels, flat plates, two way slabs. General information about prefab. elements. Distribution of horizontal forces for the shear walls.
Structural design of the bearing structures of a building. Making the necessary structural drawings and the accoseated calculations. This is done on the basis of the architectural drawings of a real prosject.
PBL (Problem Based Learning)
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written exam. in structural design (theme 1) counts 70 %.
- The evaluation of the theme 2 result and how this is being presented counts 30 %. The presentations consists of a scientific report.
- Both theme 1 and 2 must be accepted to achieve a final grade.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Written reexaminations is offered in theme 1 provided theme 2 is completed. If theme 2 not is accepted the course must be redone.
All written and printed material. Now communications calculator.
Theme 1 has approx. 5 works of which 75 % must be accepted.
Svein I. Sørensen, Betongkonstruksjoner, Tapir 2010.
Betongelementboken, Bind A, B og C.
Lecture notes for concrete.
Replacement course for
BYG3061 Structural design 2 and BYG3201 Structural design 3.