Norwegian, alternatively English
On the basis of
- IMT2431 Data Communication and Network Securit
Expected learning outcomes
The student will have a solid understanding of the technologies of computer networking, be able to identify the components of the network, and have good knowledge regarding configuration of routed and switched networks and WAN technologies.
Routing of network traffic, including:
- The TCP/IP protocol family, addressing and subnet calculation
- Routing-protocols - RIP, EIGRP and OSPF
- Router components and router configuration
Switching in computer networks, including
- Switching and virtual LANs (VLAN)
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Supporting systems of switched networks
- Packet filtering and access control
- WAN-equipment and communication formats in WAN
- PPP, components, session handling and authentication
- Frame Relay technology
- Services and supporting systems for access delivery, DHCP and NAT
The dependency on other infrastructure of the network.
Fammiliarity with tools for monitoring, analasys and auditing of the network, and problem solving in computer networks.
Net Support Learning
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
An overall assessment based on a 100 points scape awarded across three electronic exams and three practical skill tests. Conversion from 100 point scale to A-F scale according to recommended conversion table. In specific circumstances, emneansvarlig can slightly adjust the limits in the conversion table to enforce compatibility with the qualitative descriptions on the A-F scale.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Electronic exams evaluated externally through Cisco Networking Academy
Skill tests developed and evaluated internally.
Whole course must be taken over again.
CISCO Networking Acadamy materials