The Bachelor programme in Economics and Business Administration is aimed at those with ambitions to manage and develop businesses. The interdisciplinary and vocation-oriented programme prepares for a wide range of positions within both public and private sectors.
The programme offers a comprehensive and thorough management education with the options for specialisation in internationalisation and marketing, or industry and commerce.
- Industry: management of lean* organisations and the effective use of technology. Economical management, branding, and strategy development and implementation. (* “Lean” is the term for companies that are working actively to streamline their value-adding processes, and is a primary ambition for today's European businesses.)
- Trade: management of several organisations with different cultures. Financial management, branding, distribution networks and supply chain management.
- Internationalisation and marketing: running competitive businesses in the world marketplace of varying cultures, including studying at leading international institutions. There is also a possibility to stay for purpose of study at international corporations.
The first year topics will provide an understanding of the basic processes in the business sector, including a thorough knowledge in mathematics and statistics. The second year focuses on economics and management subjects such as financial accounting, socio-economics, IT management and enterprise strategy. The third and last year gives an in-depth knowledge within management subjects and students choose a specialisation either in trade, industry, or internationalisation and marketing. A Bachelor’s Thesis is completed during the last semester in a selected subject.
Language: The lectures are mainly held in Norwegian.
Expected learning outcomes
The programme aims to educate leaders with a solid fundament within economics and administrative subjects, and at end of study the students will:
- Be able to lead administrative functions regarding economics and administration, both in private and public sector
- Gain a good insight to and understanding for economical contexts, crucial problem areas, challenges of the industry, environmental security, and ethical problems
- Possess basic theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas analyses of business economics, marketing, business strategy, organisational theory, account subjects, social economics, and professional methods
- Possess in-depth knowledge in one of the three areas: trade, industry, or internationalisation and marketing
Students completing this programme are primarily qualified for middle management positions in trade and industry both in Norway and abroad, for example:
- Company and business development
- Economic Management, Investment and Financing
- Operations and Logistics
- Project management
- Consulting and advisory services
- Trading companies (shopping malls, retail, agency, import and wholesale services)
Suitable job opportunities will also be found in the service industries such as banking, insurance and public administration.