Must be determined by the supervisor based upon the particular assignment.
Expected learning outcomes
- The candidate possesses advanced knowledge in a particular research topic.
- The candidate is capable of applying and updating his/her knowledge in a particular research topic.
- The candidate is capable of using relevant scientific methods in independent research and analysis in a particular research topic.
- The candidate is capable of performing critical analysis of various literature sources on a particular research topic.
- The candidate knows relevant methods and terminology in a particular research topic.
- The candidate is capable of taking part in debates in national and international fora within a particular research topic.
- The candidate is capable of working independently within the field of a particular research topic and knows relevant terminology.
- The candidate is capable of analyzing relevant professional and research publications in a particular research topic.
The student will learn how to master a particular research topic individually and report on this topic at an academic level.
The student and the supervisor will agree on a topic together. The supervisor is responsible for the fact that the workload for the student should be equivalent to other 10 ECTS courses. The student will work as much as possible independently under supervision of the supervisor.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The teaching methods depend on the particular topic agreed upon by the student and the supervisor
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Can be both internal and external.
The whole subject must be repeated.
Depending on the particular agreed upon topic
This course is intended for students who want to work independently on a particular topic of his/her interest. The student needs to find a supervisor by him/herself. The supervisor and the student will need to agree on a topic together. Topics can be for example (list is not exclusive):
* studying a particular topic from literature
* investigating a particular open research problem
* performing experiments on a research topic
In general the student will write a report on his studies or findings that can be evaluated either by the supervisor or by an external examiner. Another option for the evaluation could be writing an article for a publication or a presentation at a conference or an oral exam with the supervisor or a third person. Generally speaking, the work must have academic merits as can be expected from a master student.
Students are not allowed to take both IMT4881 Specialization course 5 ECTS and IMT4882 Specialization course II 10 ECTS (either IMT4881 or IMT4882).