On the basis of
The course content will be complementary to the course IMT4621 Biometrics
Expected learning outcomes
- The candidate possesses thorough knowledge of the security of knowledge based authentication systems.
- The candidate possesses advanced knowlegde in the theory, design and evaluation of Behavioural Biometric Systems.
- The candidate is capable of applying his/her knowledge in the field of IT-security.
- The candidate is capable of updating his/her own knowledge in authentication related topics.
- The candidate is capable of using relevant scientific methods in independent research and analysis in biometrics.
- The candidate is capable of performing critical analysis of various literature sources on authentication methods.
- The candidate know relevant authentication methods and terminology.
- The candidate is capable of taking part in debates in national and international fora within the field of authentication and behavioural biometrics.
- The candidate is capable of working independently in the field of biometrics and is familiar with biometric terminology.
- The candidate is capable of analyzing relevant professional and research publications in behavioural biometrics.
Give the students an improved understanding of
- Different general authentication mechanisms
- Selected authentication methods: passwods/PIN, gait, signature, keystroke dynamics.
- Technics to test autentication methods
- Authentication methods in general
- Password security
- (Behavioural) Biometric system evaluation
- Gait recognition
- Keystroke dynamics
- Signature verification
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
An overall evaluation based on a 100 point scale, where project work counts 50 points and final exam (3 hours) counts 50 points. Conversion from 100 point scale to A-F scale according to recommended conversion table. In specific circumstances, emneansvarlig can slightly adjust the limits in the conversion table to enforce compatibility with the qualitative descriptions on the A-F scale.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
For the final exam: Ordinary re-sit examination.
Calculator and dictionary
There exists a reader written by the professor. The reader is given to the students at the beginning of the course.
In case there will be less than 5 students that will apply for the course, it will be at the discretion of Studieprogramansvarlig whether the course will be offered or not an if yes, in which form.