On the basis of
- IMT1031 Fundamental Programming
Expected learning outcomes
On completion of this course the students will be able to:
· List and describe the components of the graphics pipeline.
· Describe the process of Ray Tracing to create a image.
· Explain the fundamental aspects of animation with respect to programming graphics.
· Create 2D procedural animation.
· Manipulate 3D models with loading saving and onscreen display.
· Create and manipulate lighting in a 3D scene
· Use OpenGL for rendering 3D environments
· Present the solution to a defined problem orally, and answer question about there solution
· Read and integrate academic material from various online sources
· Develop projects as part of a team with clearly defined roles
- 2D Graphics
- Graphics Pipeline
- Antialiasing – multisampling, jittering, anisotropic sampling
- Normal mapping – what it is and how it works
- Ray Tracing
- Spatial Sub Division
- Height fields
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Student will work in C++ using OpenGL, in a problem based learning approach.
Form(s) of Assessment
Home exam, 72 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The course will be evaluated with 60% on three internal projects and 40% on a 3-day take home exam which will conclude with an oral presentation and questions and answers.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal examiner + periodically an external sensor
Ordinary re-sit examination.
In case there will be less than 5 students apply for the course the form may change to suit the class size.