Lean as a method means that the right process will produce the right results by preventing waste of time and resources in a value chain. The method also focuses on workplace environment, organisational culture, involvement of co-workers, and the importance of continuously organised learning. Waste may for example be a large stock of goods, unused creativity, waiting, discharge to air, water and grounds, and over production. Lean therefore deals with cultural change and involvement in a company, and all employees must be involved and feel ownership to the changes.
The bachelor of lean manufacturing gives the students knowledge of parts of the value chain as production processes, economy, materials, and statically variations in all links of the chain. The students will achieve solid skills in simulation of data and verification in laboratories, how to choose production methods, and how to design production processes without waste. Mathematics, physics, chemistry, statistics, information technology, and environment are the basic subjects in the programme. In addition the students will have knowledge about how to lead a modern and sustainable organisation.
The students will learn:
- How to use tools for simulation of data and animation of value chains and supportive processes
- Statistical analyse of information collected form internet, different international research and development databases, or collected from own survey materials
- To test production methods, chose techniques and carry out improvement projects, both with technical and human content
- To dedicate insight in management and economy to be able to manage organisation development, production, departments and hole companies towards new visions and goals
Language: The lectures are mainly held in Norwegian.
Expected learning outcomes
At end of study the students will possess:
- Skills in managing and carry through change- and improvement projects
- Skills to analyse, design, and streamline viable production processes
- Skills to plan and see through statistical process management
- Skills to manage and develop a sturdy and functional organisation culture
- Knowledge to manage production processes according to international standards for environment and climate