- GEO1181 Basic Landsurveying eller GEO1191 Basic Landsurveying 1
On the basis of
- GEO1211 Juss (kan tas parallelt)
Expected learning outcomes
The course provides a basic understanding of Norwegian Land Law, including the processes of property boundary negotiation, agreement and surveying.
On completion, students will:
- Understand the basics of Land Law
- Be able to carry through property boundary negotiation and agreement procedures
- Be able to survey property boundaries using total station and GNSS instruments
- Understand the accuracy and precision specifications for property surveys in different circumstances
- Be able to assess whether completed property boundary surveys satisfy their requirements and specifications
- Be able to prepare a land registration document
- Be able to update digital property ownership data bases
- Land Law
- Property boundary negotiation
- Use of total station instruments for property boundary surveying
- Use of total GNSS instruments for property boundary surveying
- Surveying and documentation standards
- Land registration documentation
- Digital property ownership data bases
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The course includes 2-3 projects, all of which must be completed and assessed as satisfactory. Projects may be individual, or for group work. Course grading is based on total evaluation of all delivered projects.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Delivered work is assessed by the course lecturer(s).
External assessors are used periodically to evaluate course content and student assessment criteria.
By agreement with the course lecturer(s), or in conjubction with the next year's course.
Norges lover 1687-2008 studentutgave (2009), Flock/Lassen/Bull, Fagbokforlaget (ISBN: 978-82-450-0870-8)
Statens kartverk (2000). Stedfesting av eiendoms- og råderettsgrenser.
- Statens kartverk (2005). Kvalitetssikring av oppmåling, kartlegging og geodata (Geodatastandarden).
- Statens kartverk (2005). Satellittbasert posisjonsbestemmelse.
- Instrument and program manuals
The course focusses on specifically Norwegian Land Law and property definition and surveying procedures