On the basis of
IMT4751 Wireless Communication Security, or equivalent
Expected learning outcomes
In the course, the students will acquire:
- Advanced level of understanding of methods of analysis of wireless communication security
- Deep understanding of modern wireless communication systems and their security
- Skills to be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of ideas and concepts relating to wireless communication security.
- Introduction – elements of radio frequency theory, elements of information security with applications in the wireless environment
- Elements of RFID systems security analysis with case studies: the electronic passport
- Elements of WLAN security analysis
- Bluetooth system security
- Security in mobile telephony systems with case studies: the 2G, the 3G and beyond.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
- Problem solving exercises
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written exam (alternatively oral exam): 51%
- Project: 49%
- Both parts must be passed.
Evaluated by the lecturer
The whole subject must be repeated
1. V. Niemi, K. Nyberg, UMTS Security, John Wiley & Sons, 2005
Various papers (available on-line)
There is room for 50 students for the course