Expected learning outcomes
The students should have experience with installation, customization and appearance of at least three different open source-based publishing solutions. They should be able to master and explain the basic server-side technology and independently be able to plan the development of a server side based site, user centered adaptation and create modules for publishing solutions and implement them.
- Basic programming in PHP
- Introduction to databases (MySQL)
- Installation of publishing systems
- Layout, structure and appearance of publishing solutions
- Modules in publishing solutions
- Web servers and network
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The student must complete implementation, programming and customization of web solutions to achieve the set learning objectives.
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- One individual with an oral presentation (counts 40%)
- One group project with an oral presentation and peer assessment of presentation section (counting a total of 60% of which peer assessment counts 20%)
Each part must be passed separately.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
The projects will be graded by the teacher.
No Re-sit examination.
It is free use of resources during the projects, but co-operation between individuals or groups are prohibited. The solution handed in must be unique and not show signs of being copied from other sources.
- Svend Andreas Horgen, Webprogrammering i PHP, 3. utgave, tisip og Gyldendal, 2009
- Web resources given during the course run