On the basis of
- IMT1031 Fundamental Programming
Expected learning outcomes
On completion of this course the students will be able to:
- Understand fundamentals of the graphics pipeline
- Model and manipulate 2D and 3D scenes, including lighting, textures, and cameras
- Understand 2D and 3D graphics techniques
- 2D Graphics
- Graphics Pipeline
- Antialiasing – multisampling, jittering, anisotropic sampling
- Normal mapping – what it is and how it works
- Ray Tracing
- Spatial Sub Division
- Height fields
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Student will work in C++ using OpenGL, in a problem based learning approach.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External + internal examiner
Ordinary re-sit examination.
One page of notes
Shreiner, Woo, Neider, and Davis, OpenGL(R) Programming Guide: The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL(R), Version 2.1 (6th Edition) (2007)
In case there will be less than 5 students apply for the course the form may change to suit the class size.