Technology Design -
60 ECTS credits
Expected learning outcomes
On completion of the programme, the students will have basic understanding of:
- EDB interface development with a basis in design theory (linking people and product, ergonomics).
- Creative problem solving, (creative thinking, seeking the best solutions, etc.).
- Using the product as a communications medium (the identity of product and uses).
- Ideas and concept development (connecting products).
- Choice of materials and solutions (use analysis, function testing, strength testing and surface treatment, health and safety, reuse and recirculation of aluminium as a design material, etc.).
- Calculation and functional abilities and fulfilling requirements.
- Use of computer tools in design processes (design tools, 3D modelling, 3D animation, element calculation (FEM) also computer tools in communication, presentation and demonstration).
- Production techniques and management.
- Computer simulation of the production process.
- Society and culture (the ability to estimate the social and cultural effects on a product).
- Project leadership in practical design process (ideas, project development, project leading, quality control, processing and project evaluations).
- Rapid prototyping, reverse engineering and 3D digitalisation.
- Industrial design, verification and laboratory testing and maintenance friendly design.
The students should experience a positive personal development in relation to self-confidence, working with others, knowledge of processes and in the joy of realising one's own ideas.
A 1-week excursion to a partner institution abroad can be included in the programme.
General matriculation requirement.