Expected learning outcomes
The students should after completion of the course:
- Show knowledge of organizational theory to administrative and managerial problems.
- Acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes concerning the role as a leader, and also be able to recognize all employees participation in the management of an organization.
Goal and efficiency. Organizational structure. Human, social and cultural relations. Power and conflict. Surroundings. Motivation and reward. Communication. Decision-making process. Learning and organizational development. Management. How to study organizations.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
- Internal examiner.
- External examiner is used periodically to evaluate contents, arrangements and the examination system.
- Ordinary resit.
- Approved exercises are valid only for the first ordinary examination and for the first following resit.
- Details concerning course requirements will be presented at the beginning of the semester.
- Compulsory participation, minimum 80 %.
- Jacobsen, Dag Ingvar og Thorsvik, Jan, Hvordan organisasjoner fungerer, Fagbokforlaget, 3. utgave, ISBN 978-82-450-0517-2.
- Jacobsen, Dag Ingvar og Thorsvik, Jan, Hvordan organisasjoner fungerer - Arbeidsbok og casesamling, Fagbokforlaget, 3. utgave, ISBN 978-82-450-0518-9.