Chemistry and Environmental Subjects
- 10 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
The students should be able to show basic knowledge of general and environmental chemistry .They should also develop positive attitudes to improve the environment.
- atomic structures and the periodic system
- chemical bonding
- inorganic compounds and nomenclatures
- chemical reactions and stoichiometric calculations
- equilibrium processes
- acids and bases, buffers
- redox reactions
- galvanic and electrolytic cells
- corrosion of metals
- gases, solutes and solutions
- organic compounds, functional groups and nomenclature
- oil, natural gases and plastics
- basic principles of the ecosystem
- energysources, consumption and economising of energy
- pollution to air and water and cleansing methods
- waste and waste treatment
- clean production, environmental analyses
- life cycle assessment
- Norwegian law and factors which influence the working environment, especially chemicals.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Portfolio Assessment (counts 50 %)
Written Exam, 4 hours (counts 50 %)
Each part must be individually approved of.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Re-sit examination will be arranged
Haugan, J. Tabeller og formelsamling. NKI-forlaget. ISBN 82-562-2483-5
Laboratory exercises. Project.
Rystad, B. and Lauritzen, O. Kjemi og miljøkunnskap. NKI-forlaget. ISBN 82-562-5672-9