Structural Steel and Timber Design
- 5 ECTS
On the basis of
BYG2052 Konstruksjonslære I
Expected learning outcomes
To give further knowledge in the design of steel and timber structures.
To enable the students to utilize the structural building codes in the design of structures.
Part 1: STEEL DESIGN according to NS-EN 1993-1-1, NS 1993-1-2, NS1992-1-5, NS 1992-1-8
- Joints and connections - bolted and welded.
- Bracing - design. Tortional buckling.
- Fire design. Class 4 cross sections.
Part 2: TIMBER DESIGN according to NS-EN 1995-1-1, NS-EN 1995-1-2
- Connections. Tapered, curved and pitched cambered beams.
- Bracing design. Holes in glue-laminated members.
- Fire resistance of timber members.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Exercises counts approx. 40%
Exercises amounts to solving 10 problems of which 7 must be done to pass the course.
Written Exam, 3 hours counts approx.60%.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Done about 1/2 year later.
All printed and written material. Calculator
See "Forms of Assessment"