- 5 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
The goal of this course is to provide the students with an opportunity to extend their knowledge and skills relating to digital media security and its areas of application.
After completing this course, the students will also have an understanding of, and experience in using, different techniques for media protection for property rights protection, tempering detection and identification of creating device or media based people protection.
- Introduction (including an overview of cryptography, signal/image processing, and statistics)
- Media Security requirements (media confidentiality, media integrity, authentication, identification, copyright protection, and privacy enhancement/enforcement)
- Media Cryptography and coding
- Digital watermarking
- Fingerprinting/perceptual HASH
- Media Forensics
Net Support Learning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
The course will be offered both as an ordinary campus course and as a course that is offered in a flexible way to off-campus students. Lecture notes, e-lectures and other types of e-learning material will be offered through an LMS. Communication between the teachers and the students, and among the students, will be facilitated by the LMS.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written exam (70%)
- Project (30%)
- Both parts must be passed individually.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Internal and external examiners evaluate exam. Internal examiner evaluates project.
Ordinary re-sit for th written exam.
Research papers and book chapters from various books.
To be announced at the start of the course.