Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student shall be familiar with and shall be capable of discussing main questions and issues in scientific thinking. The student shall be able to frame research problems and questions, to develop a plan for conducting a scientific project and to report the results from scientific projects.
- Introduction to scientific research and scientific theory
- What characterises good research
- Ethics in research
- Developing a research topic
- Quantitative and qualitative research designs
- State of the art and literature studies
- Designing and analysing studies and experiments
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External and internal examiner.
Ordinary re-sit examnination.
Participation in project work
- Leedy, P D, and Ormrod, J E: "Practical Research, -Planning and design, 8th ed."Pearsopn Educational Int. ISBN: 0-13-124720-4
- Additional handouts and material made available on ClassFronter.