Copy-editing and Typography
- 5 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
The students shall acquire a basic knowledge about copy-editing and house styles - with an emphasis on bibliographical references and the design of scholarly publications.
- Bibliographical reference systems
- Typographic design of scholarly publications
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Group assignment with formative-iterative assessment.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Summative assessment at the end of the semester: Passed / failed. The project(s) may then be included in a portfolio for final summative graded assessment (with internal and external examiners) at the end of the third and final year (grades A-F).
- Blomberg, Wenche (2007). Litteraturguiden: Vade mecum.
- Butcher, Judith m.fl. (2006). Butcher's copy-editing: The Cambridge handbook for editors, copy-editors and proofreaders. Fourth edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Vinje, Finn Erik (1998). Skriveregler (7th ed. or newer; "bokmål" or "nynorsk"). Oslo: Aschehoug