IMT1031 Fundamental Programming
On the basis of
IMT2021 Algorithmic Methods
Expected learning outcomes
On completion of this course the students will be able to:
- Understand the core techniques used for AI
- Understand how to represent problems, and create algorithms to solve those problems
- Understand more about intelligence and problem solving
- Improved C++ programming ability
• Path finding
• Symbolic AI Techniques
• Multi agent systems
• State based search
• Goal directed search
• Genetic Algorithms / Programming
• Neural networks
• Reinforcement learning
Teaching Methods (additional text)
This course will focus on practical implementation of AI concepts. Lectures will introduce a topic area, and students are expected to implement and report on the key concept.
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
2) Notes taken by the students during lectures and self study.
3) Printed lecture slides
Neither book(s) nor photocopy and scan vs. from the books are allowed.
Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, 3rd Edition, Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig, 2009
In case there will be less than 5 students apply for the course the form may change to suit the class size.