Expected learning outcomes
The students will have a good understanding of the fundamental web consepts for mark up of content and defining the appearance. After completed course the students will in addition have basic understanding and skills in technical and visual design of web sites using scripting.
Main topics for the course are:
- Basic web technology understanding
- (X)HTML for structure, CSS for presentation and PHP for flexibility
- Publishing systems, web servers and nettwork
In addition there wilI be an introdction to:
- Images and illustrations for web, creating web graphics, web design
- Information architecture, structure and information flow with user-centered focus
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- 3 Group projects with oral presentation and fellow student evaluation of the presentation part (each counting 20 %)
- Final project with oral presentations (counting 40%)
Each part must be passed separatly.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
The Group projects will be graded by the teacher. The final project is going to be graded by the teacher and an internal examinor.
No Re-sit examination.
It is free use of resources during the projects, but co-operation between individuals or groups are prohibited. The solution handed in must be unique and not show signs of being copied from other sources.
- Niederst, J. (2007), Learning Web Design, A beginners guide to (X)HTML, style sheets, and web graphics, 3rd edition, O'Reilly
- Horgen, S.A. (2006), Webprogrammering i PHP, 2. utgave, Tisip
- Web resources given during the course run
Replacement course for