- 10 ECTS
On the basis of
IMT1082 - Object-Oriented Programming
Expected learning outcomes
The student shall:
- explain, use and to some degree change a lot of standard
algorithms, a.o. sorting, searching and graph handling.
- be able to write reliable and efficient programs.
- find the algorithm for non-trivial problems and write the code
to solve this.
- handle advanced data structures such as lists, threes and
- use abstraction in construction of programs.
- use recursion by problem solving.
Techniques and algorithms:
- Object orientation
- Abstract datatypes
- Finite State Machines/Automata
- Pointers and dynamic allocation
- Graph (connectivity, weigted, directed)
- Network Flow
- Complexity and O-notation
- Use of time and space
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 5 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Graded by course instructor and examiner.
Ordinary re-sit examination
All printed matters and hand written notes
Exercises (must have been approved by student assistant).
Sedgewick, Robert. (1992). Algorithms in C++. Boston, MA: Addison-Wesley.
Faglærer. Kompendium. Gjøvik: HiG.
Faglærer. Annet utdelt litteratur/artikler/notater. Gjøvik: HiG.
The textbook can be leased from the school (against a deposit). A copy of some of the pages can be bought in the book shop at the school.