Expected learning outcomes
This course aims to give a basic understanding of color science and colorimetry. The students will understand the principles of color measurement and management for consistent and accurate color reproduction on different media like display and prints. They will get an understanding about the relevant international standards. The students shall be able to apply color management techniques in the context of media production.
- Color and color vision
- Introduction to Input/Output device technologies
- Colorimetry, color measurement and color difference
- ICC color management and architecture
- Standards for display and print media industry
Teaching Methods (additional text)
- Net Support Learning
The course will be offered in a flexible way to off-campus students. Lecture notes, e-lectures and other types of e-learning material will be offered through an LMS. Communication between the teachers and the students, and among the students, will be facilitated by the LMS.
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
The portfolio assessment is based on a portfolio consisting of 3 assignments. The grading is a total evaluation based on the 3 assignments.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
One re-submission of the unsatisfactory assignments.
- Sharma, A. (2004) Understanding Color Management, New York: Thompson
- Lecture notes and handouts