- 10 ECTS
Expected learning outcomes
The students will after completed course have basic understanding for and skills in visual design of internet sites. Understanding and skills will mainly be based on the fundamental web languages (HTML, HyperText Markup Language) and style sheets (CSS, Cascading Style Sheets) that says how the web pages should look.
- Basic web technology understanding
- (X)HTML (for structure)
- CSS (for presentation)
- Images and illustrations for web
- Creating web graphics
- Information architecture, structure and information flow with user-friendly focus
- Form og function (web design)
- Web servers and nettwork
Form(s) of Assessment
Home exam, 24 hours
Written exam, 3 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
- Written exam, 3 hours (counts 20 %)
- Practical, individual at-home exam, 24 hours (counts 50 %)
- Group project with oral presentation and fellow students evaluation of the presentation part (counts 30 %)
All parts must be passed separatly.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Graded by teacher
Resit is only available for the written exam and the home exam.
No supporting materials are allowed during the written exam. It is free use of resources during the home exam and the project, but co-operation between individuals or groups are prohibited. The solution handed in must be unique and not show signs of being copied from other sources.
- Niederst, J. (2007), Learning Web Design, A beginners guide to (X)HTML, style sheets, and web graphics, 3rd edition, O'Reilly
- Web resources given during the course run
Replacement course for
IMT1221 Web publishing, version A