Expected learning outcomes
- By following this course, the students acquire an overview of central sections of the subject area, for simple judgment and communication required in practical work and further education.
- Recognize the subjects central approaches.
- Be aware of the quality requirements of products and processes for the subject, and understand their significations.
- Be able to analyze the condition of elements and components of existing infrastructure and evaluate possible enterprises for improvements
- Know different factors influence on professional decisions.
Criteria for making the effectiveness evident:
- Explain and analyze the condition of elements of existing infrastructure, related to real approaches, out of written descriptions and figures.
- Work out arrangements for gathering, evaluation and sorting out information, based on the explanation and analysis.
- Use of available GIS - tools suitable in the planning process.
Find simple models for situations and enterprises.
- Adopt adequate solutions for the subjects approaches.
- Substantiate the adoptions.
- Overview: The planners view.
- Framework: Formal structures, zones contra negotiation
- GIS in physical planning
- Traditions, the character of the place.
- Regional planning: Localizing of enterprises in harmony with the environment
- Detailed planning: Design of enterprises in harmony with the environment
- Urban planning
Form(s) of Assessment
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)