Pallative Care I - VPAL
1 year, part-time
30 ECTS credits
Further education course in Pallative Care - holistic care at the end of life.
Expected learning outcomes
When completing the course, the students will be able to:
- Provide pallative care for individuals with incurable disease, demonstrating respect for patient`s and family`s choices, preferences and individuality
- Function as knowledgeable and competent collaborators in multi-disciplinary health care teams
- Use appropriate resources and networks to obtain information and gain knowledge
- Apply effective methods of symptom control, based on assessment of the patient/family situation and preferences
- Work effectively to relieve suffering and promote comfort
Applicants must have completed Bachelor of Nursing or another bachelors degree in health or social sciences and have at least one year of relevant working experience to be qualified for admission.