Expected learning outcomes
Students are to:
- Independently complete a significant, multi-disciplinary scientific task.
- Produce documentary evidence of task planning and of the solutions found.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of working in a group.
- Understand the importance of making and following up good project plans.
- Consider alternatives within a method and problem based working ethic.
The project is to be based upon realistic engineering problems formulated such that their solution will require the use of knowledge and skills from many disciplines.
Teaching Methods (additional text)
Individual work may be allowed
Form(s) of Assessment
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Oral Presentation (counts 20%)
Evaluation of Project(s) (counts 80%)
Each part must be individually approved of.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Continuous feedback during the project period.