Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the students shall have good insight into digital media data compression and coding techniques and related standards
- Fundamental digital signal processing
- Lossy and lossless compression techniques
- Compression of audio, image, and video data
- File formats and standards
- H.261, H.263, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4
- Image quality
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Evaluation of Project(s)
Form(s) of Assessment (additional text)
Written Exam, 4 hours (counts 60%)
Evaluation of Project(s) (counts 40%)
Each part must be individually approved of.
Evaluation of both Project(s) and Exercises.
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
External examiner evaluates the written exam.
No re-sit examination.
Calculator (approved by teacher)
Project implementation and reporting and Exercises reports
Ready by semester start.
Replacement course for
IMT4001 - Digital media representation